Saturday, October 11, 2008

Reading Week (Can't wait for it to be over!)


Financial burdens. I'm pretty sure we're all there, if not then at least a high percentage of us.

Not receiving as much as I was given in the estimate, OSAP was kind enough to cover tuition ... and that's about it. Now, here I am working during my week off, something I had been looking forward to enjoying. By enjoying of course I mean catching up on my reading and having Thanksgiving with the family. Granted I'd probably not catch up on my reading, but the intention was there!

I hate my job. I want to look for a new one but the security of great hours are with my present job and am afraid to give that up in case I need them.

I'll have a break on the 14th! I'll be working the polls at election as a DRO, helping democracy! Oh yeah! I know, you don't have to say it.

I hope a lot of students end up voting. I know lots of my friends don't, not because they're disinterested (though on some level they are) but because they don't feel their vote matters. To be honest, it's rare when one single vote matters nowadays. But one single vote put with another single vote (and so on) makes a difference! If all the people out there who didn't vote got out there, it would show in the polls. Hopefully you use your right as a citizen and vote for who you think would be a good candidate, I know I will.

So yeah, hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving week off! I hate to say it but I hope this week actally goes by faster that what I'd hoped it would have a few weeks ago ...

No comments: