Thursday, October 2, 2008

IT'S A LIE! (Referring to a Hyperbole)


I've often been plagued with the thoughts of whether or not I was cut out to be an English Major. It's not that I couldn't do it, I just didn't know if I had ... spirit for it. I was glad to come to the realization that I did so I though I'd post this conversation I had with a good friend of mine in the cafeteria:

Sarah: Your an English Major, right?
Me: Yep.
Sarah: What's a hyperbole, again?
Me: (yelling) IT'S A LIE!

Now, I'm usually a quiet person. I like to be outgoing, but rarely loud. This being unexpected, as my yelling was loud enough for most of the caf to look at me with a contempt look of being annoyed, she let out a sudden laugh which caused her food she was chewing on to go from her mouth, up and lodge in her nosal cavity. Sort of like when you puke and it comes out your nose ... yeah. So she jumped up, panicking of course, 'causing me to laugh, her to flail about. She called me up hours later to let me know the last of the lettuce was finally retrieved.

Granted, it was one of those 'You-had-to-be-there' moments but I wanted to share 'cause ... I could.

*Please note, a Hyperbole is a lie! I've never met someone who could eat a whole horse and I've never come across a pile of books that weighed anywhere near a ton!

No comments: