Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm A Bad Blogger


My lack of updates is horrifying considering I'm an English Major.

Mid-terms are over and returned. I'm happy with the results which eases the stress of finals but doesn't do anything for the essays which are a constant annoyance. I realized why I'd always leave it to the last minute, it's because then I would spend days arguing in my head over a thesis and would just write one! I'd worry over completion rather than quality and in the end I'd then go and fix it up with the remaining days (or hours) I had left to turn it in. Now that I've started weeks in advance it like a drawn out torture.

Life on my own isn't bad, I'm already just about two months in and I still have my head above water, though I'll have to pick up shifts soon to earn extra cash. The only hard part is that even though I'm thankful to have moved out of my family's house and experience a new kind of freedom, it can be very lonely. I wasn't expecting it, if only for the fact that I have two roommates and I enjoy the quiet when I'm not partying. The problem is that my two roommates have chosen to hook up which leaves an awkward situation for me. It seems like now they have this bond that is hard to break into and I'm not really sure I want to break into it. It's something they share and all day long when we're all together, they're together and I'm just the third person tagging along, even if the event is organized by me.

Getting away from that, spring is almost here! I can't wait until I can just go outside on the porch and laze about in the sun or even go jogging again. I'm almost always trapped inside unless I can find someone to have snow fights with (and trust me, they're hard to find) I'll also be happy when my extra-curriculars will be finished for the year. Not to complain but I'm ready to just relax! This year has gone by fast though ...

No comments: