Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Childish Game


Sorry, this is to branch off my last blog, "Consequences of Knowledge."

I was thinking about how life changes. How it would be great to be a kid again. Ever play that scenario in your head where you wish you were back in grade one but with the mind you have today? Only if you were given that, then the only thing it would cure would be that Peter Pan complex. You'd have your opinions, you'd have your knowledge of the world around us. Sure the homework would be easier but not life. The only reason why it was so great to be a kid was because of ignorance that we had of the world. If you could go back to grade one I don't think you'd want the mind you have now. I'd want the ignorance back, but then I'd just come to this same conclusion once I was able to open my eyes to the knowledge I'd seek out ... which is pretty much inevitable.

1 comment:

krispy-kreme said...

I thought I was the only one who played that scenario in my head.

I usually think of that when school work is piling up on me...then, like you said, I realize how bored I would be if I had the mind of a University student in elementary school.

=/