Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Last Day Of Winter Break


Guess where I am! That's right, sitting in my bedroom in my new apartment which doesn't include the parentals.

Okay, I'm done with the move blogging now, I'm sure the lead to it would have been more exciting if you were ... me. I'd put up picture but I won't post picture of where I live on a site which anyone can view.

Onto something new. I've been getting a lot of questions of what my New Year's Resolutions are for this year and I can't really answer them. When I was younger I was taught not to do it since resolutions at the new year are most likey doomed to fail and that's been my perspective ever since. Instead, I was taught to pick a random day (eg. Sept 27th) to kick a bad habit. As for trying to accomplish a goal I was always told to "smarten up" since I should be doing that all year.

If I ever have children, I think I'll encourage a resolution from them at the beginning of every year, even though I'll be the hypocrite and not do it myself. Yes, resolutions on the new year are doomed to fail if only because they are made out of a random urge to better oneself on a whim of the cateloged date and not given much sincerity after the weeks have passed, but it's good to at least try and commit "some" effort to bettering yourself before the urge has passed.

Damn, now I have to think of a title for this blog.

22/228 - Evelyn Waugh 'A Handful of Dust'

No comments: